About the Library
Regular Library Hours
Monday 8 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Schedule on minimum days: LIBRARY CLOSES at 1 p.m.
IF YOU NEED A TUTOR, STOP BY COUNSELING or email Mrs. Kristy Baron for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 951-695-4200 x130
Mrs. Sandy Wren, Teacher Librarian
Mrs. Sheila Ferguson, Library Technician
Mrs. Shirley Johnson, Library Assistant II (afternoons)
Mrs. Sue Palomares, Library Assistant II (mornings)
Ms. Catherine Benson, Computer Lab Assistant II (see Computer Labs web page)
The Stanford Educational History group recently reported that more than 80% of middle and high school students could not tell the difference between real and fake news. That's a problem! Read all about it in the January issue of the CHS Library Newsletter.
Email notices went out to all students Friday, December 9, with a list of all books currently checked out.
DO NOT RETURN ALL OF YOUR BOOKS TO THE LIBRARY!
You do need to return textbooks for single semester courses, but KEEP any textbooks you still need for Spring semester.
Single semester course books to return:
Government, Economics, AP Micro Economics (unless you need the book to study for the AP test), Health, Medical Terminology, First Aid, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Mythology, Probability & Statistics, Trigonometry, Calculus D, & Accelerated Precalculus (not regular PreCalc).
You also need to return any textbooks from classes you are dropping after first semester.
Library book due dates vary; check the date due slip in the book. If you'd like to read a library book over break, just come in and check one out! Or ask us to renew the book you already have so you can read it over break.
Fines for lost and damaged books are due by the end of the semester, Friday December 16. Students who do not pay their fines will go on the fines list and not be able to participate in school activities until they clear. Fines do NOT prevent students from checking out textbooks.
How to pay a fine online - print out your receipt and bring the receipt with you to the library.
QUESTIONS? Telephone 951-695-4200 x130
LIBRARY RULES and PROCEDURES
1. The library is a quiet place to read or study.
2. No food, drink, candy, or gum in the library, not even water. And ladies, please do not apply make-up in the library.
3. Computers are for school business only. You may print 5 pages free from library computers if it is school-related.
4. During class, you need a pass to stay in the library. Stop at the desk to make sure there is room for you, then sign in.
5. Sign up for CAT30 passes the day before, or at break on the same day. Your CAT30 teacher may not write you a pass to the library.
6. You need a current CHS ID card to check out books.
7. SAFETY FIRST in the library. Know where the exits are in case of a fire. Please do not block aisles by moving chairs (just 4 chairs to a table), keep backpacks and feet under the tables.
ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY IN THE LIBRARY.
Do you need an I.D. card? Come to the library, we can print a new one for you. $5 if you lost the first one, FREE if you never got an ID card (new students, recent transfers). The ID "lost and found" is in the library, maybe yours is there waiting for you!
HOW TO PAY A FINE online with a credit card. You may pay a library or textbook fine through the bookkeeper web site, BUT BE SURE TO PRINT OUT YOUR RECEIPT AND BRING IT IN TO THE LIBRARY SO THAT WE KNOW THAT YOU PAID! (the two websites are not connected. The directions are here.
WELCOME TO THE LIBRARY!
How to Check Out a Library Book
1. To check out a library or textbook, use your current CHS I.D. card, or a parent may check out books for you.
2. Library books are due in three weeks, but can be renewed unless another student has requested the book.
3. You may check out two novels at a time (in addition to whatever core literature you are reading in class). You may also check out up to five nonfiction (information) books at a time, but just one on each topic.
4. If a book you need is checked out by someone else, ask us to put a "hold" on it, and you will be the next person to check it out.
5. Overdue library books must be returned and fines paid before checking out new books -- checking out library books is a privilege.
Textbook checkout policies are on the Textbook page.
Find it @ the CHS Library!
Find it @ the CHS Library!
GREAT "READS": novels, graphic novels, magazines, newspapers, award-winning books, latest best-sellers, high interest history, mystery, sci-fi, romance, adventure, and . . .? You tell US what you'd like to see in YOUR library!
RESEARCH HELP: reference books, nonfiction collection, research databases, Mrs. Wren's Pathways to Research for specific assignments, and trained library staff to help you find resources.
TECHNOLOGY: 30+ computers, free printing (5 pages), scanner, coin-operated photocopy machine
INTERLIBRARY LOAN: Temecula Public Libraries to CHS school library; ask the library staff how to sign up
PUMA READERS CLUB: Meet other Pumas who like to read, check us out on the Puma Readers page
TEXTBOOK LOAN SHELF: use your ID to borrow a textbook in the library and get that homework done early!