Regular Library Hours:
Monday 8 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Schedule on minimum days: LIBRARY CLOSES at 1 p.m.
SPECIAL SCHEDULE Tuesday March 17 and Wednesday March 18: school starts at 10:30 for 9th, 11th and 12th grades, sophomores report directly to testing rooms by 7:30 a.m. The library will not be open between 7:30 and 10:30 for 9th, 11th, and 12th graders.
Students who did not return books overdue from first semester will be receiving a bill, either by email or from a teacher. Please take care of these obligations to avoid going on the "fines list" with the bookkeeper. Students on the fines list will not be able to purchase or pick up tickets to school events.
IF YOU NEED A TUTOR, STOP BY COUNSELING or email Mrs. Kristy Baron for information.
Telephone 951-695-4200 x130
Mrs. Sandy Wren, Teacher Librarian x129
Mrs. Sheila Ferguson, Library Technician x130
Mrs. Shirley Johnson, Library Assistant II (afternoons) x130
Mrs. Sue Palomares, Library Assistant II (mornings) x130
Ms. Catherine Benson, Computer Lab Assistant II x261
LIBRARY SCHEDULE SPRING 2015 - sign up in the notebook on the library counter
Do you need an I.D. card? Come to the library, we can print a new one for you. $5 if you lost the first one, FREE if you never got an ID card (new students, recent transfers). The ID "lost and found" is in the library, maybe yours is there waiting for you!
HOW TO PAY A FINE online with a credit card. You may pay a library or textbook fine through the bookkeeper web site, BUT BE SURE TO PRINT OUT YOUR RECEIPT AND BRING IT IN TO THE LIBRARY SO THAT WE KNOW THAT YOU PAID! (the two websites are not connected. The directions are here.
1. To check out a library or textbook, use your current CHS I.D. card, or a parent may check out books for you.
2. Library books are due in two weeks, but can be renewed for another two weeks, unless another student has requested the book.
3. You may check out two novels at a time (in addition to whatever core literature you are reading in class). You may also check out up to five nonfiction (information) books at a time, but just one on each topic.
4. If a book you need is checked out by someone else, ask us to put a "hold" on it, and you will be the next person to check it out.
5. Overdue library books must be returned and fines paid before checking out new books -- checking out library books is a privilege.
Textbook checkout policies are on the Textbook page.
Find it @ the CHS Library!
GREAT "READS": novels, graphic novels, magazines, newspapers, award-winning books, latest best-sellers, high interest history, mystery, sci-fi, romance, adventure, and . . .? You tell US what you'd like to see in YOUR library!
RESEARCH HELP: reference books, nonfiction collection, research databases, Mrs. Wren's Pathways to Research for specific assignments, and trained library staff to help you find resources.
TECHNOLOGY: 30+ computers, free printing (5 pages), scanner, coin-operated photocopy machine
INTERLIBRARY LOAN: Temecula Public Libraries to CHS school library; ask the library staff how to sign up
PUMA READERS CLUB: Meet other Pumas who like to read, Mondays, Room 427, see club calendar
TEXTBOOK LOAN SHELF: use your ID to borrow a textbook in the library and get that homework done early!