Did you receive an email or letter from the library about un-returned books, or unpaid fines?
Please mail payment promptly to CHS, attn: Library, 27215 Nicolas Road, Temecula, CA 92591, or drop by June 9 - 27 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. to return books. If you wait until your registration day, there will be very long lines!
Students MUST be clear with the library to check out textbooks during School Business Week August 5-9. If you did not take care of business before the end of June, bring a check or cash to pay fines and un-returned books with you on your day to register:
Tuesday, August 5th, JUNIORS (see postcard for your time to come - if you did not get a postcard, see link on Counseling page for information.
Wednesday, August 6th, SOPHOMORES
Thursday, August 7th, FRESHMEN
Friday, August 8, SENIORS
Regular Library Hours resume August 26th:
Monday 8 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Library closes by 1 p.m. on minimum days
Peer Tutors no longer meet in the library; call Counseling for information at x124.
Telephone 951-695-4200 x130
Mrs. Sandy Wren, Teacher Librarian
Mrs. Sheila Ferguson, Library Technician
Mrs. Shirley Johnson, Library Assistant II (afternoons)
Mrs. Sue Palomares, Library Assistant II (mornings)
Mrs. Gina Held, Computer Lab Assistant
Read book reviews, get tech tips, and more on Mrs. Wren's blog, Puma Librarian.
1. To check out a library or textbook, use your current CHS I.D. card, or a parent may check out books for you.
2. Library books are due in two weeks, but can be renewed for another two weeks, unless another student has requested the book.
3. You may check out two novels at a time (in addition to whatever core literature you are reading in class). You may also check out up to five nonfiction (information) books at a time, but just one on each topic.
4. If a book you need is checked out by someone else, ask us to put a "hold" on it, and you will be the next person to check it out.
5. Overdue library books must be returned and fines paid before checking out new books -- checking out library books is a privilege.
ASK US ABOUT OUR PUBLIC LIBRARY TO SCHOOL LOAN PROGRAM!
Textbook checkout policies are on the Textbook page.
Find it @ the CHS Library!
GREAT "READS": novels, graphic novels, magazines, newspapers, award-winning books, latest best-sellers, high interest history, mystery, sci-fi, romance, adventure, and . . .? You tell US what you'd like to see in YOUR library!
RESEARCH HELP: reference books, nonfiction collection, research databases, Mrs. Wren's Pathways to Research for specific assignments, and trained library staff to help you find resources.
TECHNOLOGY: 30+ computers, free printing (5 pages), scanner, coin-operated photocopy machine
INTERLIBRARY LOAN: Temecula Public Libraries to CHS school library; ask the library staff how to sign up
PUMA READERS CLUB: Meet other Pumas who like to read, Mondays, Room 262, see club calendar
TEXTBOOK LOAN SHELF: use your ID to borrow a textbook in the library and get that homework done early!