Are you following the Presidential election? Listening to the debates?
Do your own fact-checking on Pro/Con Election 2016, a great resource for unbiased news and clear explanations of the candidate's positions. Position summaries, news, videos, and more to help you follow the Presidential election.
Do you need a textbook for one of your classes?
Come to the library before school, break, lunch, or after school;
bring your ID card and schedule.
Textbooks for courses that last for just one semester, such as Government, Economics, Psychology,
Sociology, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics,
Medical Terminology, and many of our elective courses, were due at the end of the first semester.
If you did not return your textbook, you received an email with a bill.
About the Library
Regular Library Hours
Monday 8 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Schedule on minimum days: LIBRARY CLOSES at 1 p.m.
IF YOU NEED A TUTOR, STOP BY COUNSELING or email Mrs. Kristy Baron for information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 951-695-4200 x130
email and phone
Mrs. Sandy Wren, Teacher Librarian x129, email@example.com
Mrs. Sheila Ferguson, Library Technician x130, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Shirley Johnson, Library Assistant II (afternoons) x130
Mrs. Sue Palomares, Library Assistant II (mornings) x130
Ms. Catherine Benson, Computer Lab Assistant II x261
LIBRARY RULES and PROCEDURES
1. The library is a quiet place to read or study.
2. No food, drink, candy, or gum in the library, not even water.
3. Computers are for school business only. You may print 5 pages free from library computers if it is school-related.
4. During class, you need a pass to stay in the library. Stop at the desk to make sure there is room for you, then sign in.
5. You need a current CHS ID card to check out books.
SAFETY FIRST in the library. Know where the exits are in case of a fire. Please do not block aisles by moving chairs (just 4 chairs to a table), keep backpacks and feet under the tables.
Do you need an I.D. card? Come to the library, we can print a new one for you. $5 if you lost the first one, FREE if you never got an ID card (new students, recent transfers). The ID "lost and found" is in the library, maybe yours is there waiting for you!
HOW TO PAY A FINE online with a credit card. You may pay a library or textbook fine through the bookkeeper web site, BUT BE SURE TO PRINT OUT YOUR RECEIPT AND BRING IT IN TO THE LIBRARY SO THAT WE KNOW THAT YOU PAID! (the two websites are not connected. The directions are here.
WELCOME TO THE LIBRARY!
How to Check Out a Library Book
1. To check out a library or textbook, use your current CHS I.D. card, or a parent may check out books for you.
2. Library books are due in three weeks, but can be renewed unless another student has requested the book.
3. You may check out two novels at a time (in addition to whatever core literature you are reading in class). You may also check out up to five nonfiction (information) books at a time, but just one on each topic.
4. If a book you need is checked out by someone else, ask us to put a "hold" on it, and you will be the next person to check it out.
5. Overdue library books must be returned and fines paid before checking out new books -- checking out library books is a privilege.
Textbook checkout policies are on the Textbook page.
Find it @ the CHS Library!
Find it @ the CHS Library!
GREAT "READS": novels, graphic novels, magazines, newspapers, award-winning books, latest best-sellers, high interest history, mystery, sci-fi, romance, adventure, and . . .? You tell US what you'd like to see in YOUR library!
RESEARCH HELP: reference books, nonfiction collection, research databases, Mrs. Wren's Pathways to Research for specific assignments, and trained library staff to help you find resources.
TECHNOLOGY: 30+ computers, free printing (5 pages), scanner, coin-operated photocopy machine
INTERLIBRARY LOAN: Temecula Public Libraries to CHS school library; ask the library staff how to sign up
PUMA READERS CLUB: Meet other Pumas who like to read, check us out on the Puma Readers page
TEXTBOOK LOAN SHELF: use your ID to borrow a textbook in the library and get that homework done early!