About the Library
Regular Library Hours
Monday 8 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Tuesday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.
Schedule on minimum days: LIBRARY CLOSES at 1 p.m.
Telephone 951-695-4200 x130
Mrs. Sheila Ferguson, Library Technician II
Mrs. Sue Palomares, Library Assistant II (mornings)
Ms. Catherine Benson, Computer Lab Assistant II (see Computer Labs web page)
Students who have not yet paid their fines or returned books from first semester are on the fines list and will not be able to participate in school activities or pick up tickets for senior events until they clear.
How to pay a fine online - print out your receipt and bring the receipt with you to the library.
QUESTIONS? Telephone 951-695-4200 x130
**Money Saving Textbook Tips**
1. Check books carefully -- you have two weeks to report any damages such as writing, torn pages, or food or drink spills.
2. Keep a record of your textbook barcodes in your notebook, or take a picture of them on a cell phone.
3. Don't leave books in a classroom, even if the teacher offers a cupboard! If the book is damaged, lost or stolen YOU are still responsible to pay for it.
4. Cover your textbooks to keep them clean; please don't tape covers to the actual book.
5. Avoid water damage, water turns to mold! Don't put drinks in a backpack with books. Put books in a plastic bag if you carry them to school on a rainy day.
6. Always return your book personally to the library counter so that we can be sure the book you are returning is the same one you borrowed.
BOOKS ARE EXPENSIVE! AVERAGE COST OF ONE TEXTBOOK NOW IS $100 or more!
Textbook Rights & Responsibilities Presentation
Do you need an I.D. card? Come to the library, we can print a new one for you. $5 if you lost the first one, FREE if you never got an ID card (new students, recent transfers). The ID "lost and found" is in the library, maybe yours is there waiting for you!
HOW TO PAY A FINE online with a credit card. You may pay a library or textbook fine through the bookkeeper web site, BUT BE SURE TO PRINT OUT YOUR RECEIPT AND BRING IT IN TO THE LIBRARY SO THAT WE KNOW THAT YOU PAID! (the two websites are not connected. The directions are here.
1. The library is a quiet place to read or study.
2. No food, drink, candy, or gum in the library, not even water. And ladies, please do not apply make-up in the library.
3. Computers are for school business only. You may print 5 pages free from library computers if it is school-related.
4. During class, you need a pass to stay in the library. Stop at the desk to make sure there is room for you, then sign in.
5. Sign up for CAT30 passes before school or at break on the same day. Your CAT30 teacher may not write you a pass to the library.
6. You need a current CHS ID card to check out books.
7. SAFETY FIRST in the library. Know where the exits are in case of a fire. Please do not block aisles by moving chairs (just 4 chairs to a table), keep backpacks and feet under the tables.
ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY IN THE LIBRARY.